PASS SET 2 Vocabulary
1. Hyperbole - an exaggeration for effect.
2. Imagery - to use words to create vivid pictures in the reader's mind.
3. Onomatopoeia - words that by their sound suggest a certain object. (bow-wow)
4. Personification - a figure of speech in which an object or animal acts like a person.
5. Drawing Conclusions - whenever you figure out something that is not specifically told in a reading passage.
6. Metaphor - a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is used in place of another to suggest a similarity between them.
7. Simile - a combination of two things that are unlike, usually using the words like or as.
8. Infer - to read between the lines.
9. Analogy - how two things are similar or close to the same. (comparing two things)
10. Comprehension - understanding what you have read.
11. Antagonist – a character that opposes another